6 Girls Volleyball Skills
Fully Explained and Taught on ImproveYourVolley.com
Learn the 6 important volleyball skills needed for you to make your varsity team on Improve Your Volleyball.com
Girls Volleyball Skills Taught on ImproveYourVolley.com
...let's get started!
You came here to improve your girls volleyball skills so let me tell you about some important things you'll find here on my site that will help you do just that.
Girls Skills: Serving
Serving the ball is the one skill in volleyball where a player can score a point all by themselves.
- Learn important tips for the overhand serve.
- Find the definition and explanation of the let serve, service error, overhand serve and other commonly used terms regarding a player and how they serve the ball
- Discover why the serve is so important and how you can use it to quickly gain an advantage over the opposing team.
- Learn where to serve the ball, in what zones on the court and when to serve there along with other serving strategies.
- Learn to score points with your serve, or just learn the basics along with other important information in the articles listed below.
Girls Skills: Passing in Volleyball
Passing is the technique players use to receive a ball that is served to you from an opposing team's server.
The pass is the first contact in a team's offense, once the ball has been served into their court by the opponent. When you pass the ball, you are transferring the ball to another teammate who makes the second of three contacts your team is allowed when the ball is on your side of the court.
There are two skills you must conquer if you are going to even think about playing competitive volleyball, the first is serving, the second is passing. Quite simply if you can't pass you can't play the game.
Passing in volleyball
Girls Skills: How To Set A Ball
When it comes to setting I think everyone should have a good touch and feel for the ball, regardless of what position you play in.
When teaching girls volleyball skills, we do many types of setting drills for accuracy, to build strength and for consistency.
On Improve Your Volleyball you'll find tips for young players to use immediately to self check your setting technique when practicing alone or at home.
Girls Volleyball Skills: Spiking
Of course I save the best for last. Because what every future Olympian player wants to learn is how to spike a volleyball, right?
On Improve Your Volleyball you can expect to
- Learn these spike training tips that pros use to spike a ball aggressively for points
- Learn these volleyball hit options when practicing how to spike a volleyball
- Discover what tools you can use to improve your hitting game and develop into a reliable point scoring spiker
- Hitting tips for players learning how to spike a ball effectively.
Girls Volleyball Skills: Blocking
Blocking is important, even if you are short and still have to play in the front row on your team.
Doesn't matter! You can still contribute as a front row defender which is what a blocker is.
Girls Volleyball Skills: Digging
When teaching girls volleyball skills for digging you'll find articles on Improve Your Volley.com that explain:
- Learn more individual defensive skills and techniques that will improve how you dig a volleyball up or to your setter
- You dont always have to rely on digging with your hands to dig a ball legally and to the target
- Definition Of Team Defense and the Volleyball Dig
Regardless of your height, you can learn to dig and you can learn to love it!
Communication on the Court
One of the most important girls volleyball skills to learn is how to communicate on the court. What to say and when? How to say and why? How often to say it and to whom?
The Volleyball Girl Guide: Where Do You Go From Here?
Where do you need to go now? Here are three options:
- Learn more about the Volleyball Position Middle Blocker.
- Follow the suggested reading on our Sitemap page Learning How To Play (Sitemap)
- Or visit the pages in the Volleyball Girl Guide section in the drop down menu at the top of the page.
Varsity Girl Guide
Learn How To Serve A Ball Overhand
Most Read Articles
Five Pass Tips
Improve Your Volleyball
The Girl Guide
Girls VB Skills