POTW-4 stands for Volleyball Player of the Week for the fourth week of the NCAA women's volleyball season.
Each conference awards the best player of the week awards for
Offensive, Defensive, Setter and Freshmen performances.
Check out who won awards for Week 4 (Sept 11 - 17.)
Most conferences require their head coaches and sports information
recognition for being the best in their conference. .
Weekly player of the week award categories include:
conference, voted on by the head coaches of each team in that
Other big name volleyball media outlets are announcing their own
"Player of the Week" awards.
VolleyMob, PrepVolleyball, espnW and some times FloVolleyball name
their own Player of the Week winners as well.
The media outlet Volleymob has a weekly Player of the Week
announcement where they pick a National Player of the Week along
Colorado: Smith Named VolleyMob National Player Of The Week: Smith Named VolleyMob National… https://t.co/31e7sfLwq3— Poe Heluhelu (@poeheluhelu) September 19, 2017
Discover the POTW-4 award winners from the following conferences:
und.com >> W. Volleyball. Fry Named ACC Volleyball Player Of The Week https://t.co/AN9By4ohpL— Notre Dame Buzztap (@irishbuzztap) September 18, 2017
Last year’s Daily News Girls volleyball Player of the Year. Kayla Lund’s doing work at Pitt - ACC Freshman of the Week https://t.co/tMHBCpQTo0— Evan Barnes (@evan_b) September 18, 2017
baylorbears.com >> W. Volleyball. Staiger Earns Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week https://t.co/EdlZ63qTsp— Baylor Bears Buzz (@baylorbuzztap) September 18, 2017
Penn State women's volleyball's Simone Lee named co-Big Ten player of the week https://t.co/8l0BdsP8Sb— PSUSportsCollective (@PSUSportsCollec) September 18, 2017
Press Release courtesy of Big Ten Conference
Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Penn State Earn Weekly Volleyball Awards
Illinois’ Brandi Donnelly, Iowa’s Gabrielle Orr, Michigan’s Carly Skjodt, Minnesota’s Samantha Seliger-Swenson and Stephanie Samedy, and Penn State’s Simone Lee earn weekly honors
Co-Players of the Week
Carly Skjodt, Michigan
OH – Jr. – Indianapolis, Ind. – Carmel
• Averaged 4.1 kills and 2.6 digs per set to help No. 21 Michigan sweep N.C. State, Milwaukee and Cincinnati to win the Michigan Challenge
• Recorded a season-high 16 kills, while adding six digs and a block for a hitting percentage of .394 in the straight-set victory over Milwaukee
• Named Michigan Challenge MVP
• Earns her first career Player of the Week award
• Last Michigan Player of the Week: Abby Cole (Sept. 14, 2015)
Simone Lee, Penn State
OH – Sr. – Menomonee Falls, Wis. – Menomonee
• Averaged 3.6 kills and 1.7 digs per set to help No. 2 Penn State defeat Yale, Wake Forest and Ohio for the Penn State Classic team title
• Recorded a career-best five service aces, while adding 10 kills and a pair of blocks for a hitting percentage of .818 in the straight-set victory over Wake Forest
• Named the Penn State Classic MVP
• Last Penn State Player of the Week: Ali Frantti (Sept. 11, 2017)
Defensive Player of the Week
Brandi Donnelly, Illinois
L – Sr. – Williamsville, Ill. – Williamsville
• Recorded 68 digs and 11 set assists to pace Illinois to the team title at the Dr. Mary Jo Wynn Invitational
• Opened the tournament with a match-high 19 digs against Chattanooga, before turning in a 24-dig performance in three sets against Tennessee State
• The two-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree had a single receiving error in 49 opportunities, helping the Illini hold their opponents to a .133 hitting percentage
• Collects her fourth career Defensive Player of the Week accolade and first the season
• Last Illinois Defensive Player of the Week: Ali Bastianelli (Aug. 28, 2017)
Setter of the Week
Samantha Seliger-Swenson, Minnesota
S – Jr. – Minnetonka, Minn. – Hopkins
• Posted 139 set assists to average 11.6 per set with a .333 hitting percentage in guiding top-ranked Minnesota to wins over Oregon State, Boise State and Idaho State
• Added a season-best 59 assists along with 13 digs, and two block assists in the Gophers’ five-set win over Boise State
• Named to the Boise State Classic All-Tournament Team
• Receives her eighth career Setter of the Week citation and second of the season
• Last Minnesota Setter of the Week: Samantha Seliger-Swenson (Sept. 5, 2017)
Co-Freshmen of the Week
Gabrielle Orr, Iowa
S – Eagan, Minn. – Eagan HS
• Posted 117 set assists to average 11.7 per set with an .500 hitting percentage, leading Iowa to the team title at the American Volleyball Classic
• Registered 15 digs and 13 kills on the weekend to help the Hawkeyes finish their non-conference slate with an 11-2 record, the team’s best start since 2006
• Named to the American Volleyball Classic All-Tournament Team
• Earns Iowa’s first Freshman of the Week honor since the award’s inception in 2009
Stephanie Samedy, Minnesota
OPP – Clermont, Fla. – East Ridge
• Averaged 4.7 kills and 2.4 digs per set with two double-doubles and a .322 hitting percentage last weekend, helping top-ranked Minnesota claim the Boise State Classic Tournament team title
• Had a season-best 26 kills, 12 digs and four blocks against Boise State
• Named to the Boise State Classic All-Tournament Team
• Earns her second career Freshman of the Week award
• Last Minnesota Freshman of the Week: Stephanie Samedy (Aug. 28, 2017)
WKU volleyball's Sydney Engle, Jessica Lucas both earn C-USA Player of the Week awards.— Brad Stephens (@BradBGDN) September 18, 2017
Toledo Volleyball's Annie Beasley Named MAC West Offensive Player of the Week https://t.co/HHPDzhBriM— Toledo Athletics (@ToledoRockets) September 18, 2017
Congrats too to Mariessa Carrasco who was named MW Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week because of her performance in that tournament https://t.co/DO2growuBd— Aaron Cowan (@AaronTCowan) September 18, 2017
Info courtesy of Austin Peay Press Release
O'Reilly, of Elgin, Illinois, earned a share of the adidas® OVC Defensive
Player of the Week honor, her first career weekly award.
She stepped into the libero role and earned all-tournament honors at the
Jacksonville Invitational last weekend. O'Reilly recorded 55 digs (5.00
per set) in the three-match event, including a 25-dig (6.25 per set)
performance against South Florida. In addition, she was charged with
only two reception errors during the event while receiving serve 76 times.
Stucker, of Johnston, Iowa, was the adidas® OVC Setter of the Week for
the third time in the season's first four weeks. She led the Govs to a team
.233 attack percentage during the Jacksonville event while averaging
13.18 assists per set (145 total assists). Stucker also had 33 digs and four
kills during the tournament. She saved her best outing for last with 57
assists (14.25 per set), eight digs and three kills in APSU's victory against
Colorado’s Alexa Smith named Pac-12 Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week https://t.co/8w5LSWcWId— Colorado Sports Now (@ColoradoSN) September 18, 2017
Florida volleyball player Rhamat Alhassan has been named SEC volleyball player of the week.— GatorCountry.com (@GatorCountry) September 18, 2017
The Sugar Bears’ Elizabeth Armstrong became the first setter to win the weekly offensive honor this season; McGownd named Defensive Player of the Week for second-straight week
FRISCO, Texas – Central Arkansas sophomore setter Elizabeth Armstrong
and McNeese sophomore libero Angela McGownd were selected as
the Southland Conference Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week,
respectively, the league announced Monday.
Press Release: Courtesy of Western Athletic Conference
UT Rio Grande Valley senior right side hitter Bojana Mitrovic has been named
Western Athletic Conference Volleyball Player of the Week for the week of Sept. 11-
17. This is her first WAC Player of the Week honor of the season and the third of her
The Novi Sad, Serbia native averaged 3.09 kills, 3.18 digs and 0.36 blocks per set as
the Vaqueros went 3-0 on the week, winning three straight matches for the first time
since capturing last year’s WAC Tournament title. Mitrovic opened the week with 11
kills, nine digs and a solo block in a sweep of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, UTRGV’s
first sweep of the Islanders since Oct. 9, 2007, a span of 19 matches. In a thrilling five-
set win over Incarnate Word, she recorded her third double-double of the season with
a team-high 15 kills and 11 digs to go with two blocks. Mitrovic closed out the week
with eight kills and a season-high 15 digs in a sweep of Texas Southern.
Search This Site
Subscribe To This Site!
About Breakfast Club 60
Elite training for very advanced hard working players who INTEND to play volleyball in college.
Exclusive opportunity to train with teammates/friends with similar high goals and are ready to push YOU and themselves to improve.
Not for the curious, weak hearted or distracted player, we do more in 60 minutes than most clubs and teams do in three hours.
If you’ve never attended a Breakfast Club class contact Coach April BEFORE registering.
About Brunch Club 60
Perfect for regular Boot Camp class players and players who've ALREADY played on a City of Las Vegas/NYS Elite local league team and who're interested in more advanced training and/or trying out for the Volleycats Elite 14s/15s/ local team competing in June/July/August.
Ten (10) - intensive 60-minute sessions of semi-private (small groups of six) volleyball practices
Sessions are a specially designed mix of skills conducted by Coach April within the one hour session