Dig volleyball balls that are hit hard and fast by the opposing team's spikers!
Whether the ball comes right at you, lands close to you or if you have to take 2 -3 steps to run down a ball, the Ball-Setter-Ball-Hitter digging techniques taught in our Boot Camp classes help you cover more court and get more balls up in defense by being in the right place at the right time.
Here's what you should do to anticipate where you need to be to dig volleyballs hit into your court.
After your team has served the ball over the net....
1. Watch the pass as the other team passes the ball to their setter.
2. Then watch the setter to see how and who she's going to set the ball to.
3. Watch the ball as it travels to the hitter.
4. Watch the hitter to interpret quickly the best place for you to be while in the back row behind your blockers.
5. Make sure you are not behind the blockers and that you can see the hitter clearly as she hits the ball into your court.
Then shift your eyes to watch the ball as it comes towards you.
By keeping the ball on your side of the net, now its your team's turn to run an offensive play.
Now, its your team's turn to send the ball to the opposing team's court floor so your squad scores a point.
Okay here's where you need to go now! There are three options: