3 Types of Soft Hits Roll Shot, Cut Shot and Deep Tip
Volleyball Hit. The 3 main hits used in volleyball are the bump, the set and the spike hit. The roll shot, cut shot and deep tip are 3 more ways to hit a ball.
The volleyball hit most commonly used in a game is the
What are the three main hits?
- the bump - an underhand contact made by clasping your wrists of both arms together to create a "platform" used to contact the bottom third of a volleyball ball to propel it in the air towards a player or over the net.
The bump is usually the first volleyball hit made in a game after an opposing team's serve.
- the set - an overhead contact made with arms held above your head and your two hands in the shape of a triangle that cradle a volleyball ball momentarily before pushing it back in the air towards another player or over the net.
The set is usually the second hit made during a rally after a teammate has bumped or passed the ball to the front row.
- the spike or attack hit - a hard driven ball contacted in mid-air after a player takes a three or four step spike approach that lifts them in the air towards a ball that's above the level of the net to swing at the ball with their dominant arm with force in a downward motion so it lands within the court boundary lines.
The attack hit is usually the third and final hit allowed per side and is used to send the ball over the net in a rally.
Fast Sets To The Outside Hitter
The most common FAST volleyball offensive plays set to the left side:
The "Hut" - a medium high/medium speed rainbow shaped set that fails inside the left antenna after peaking 5-6 feet above the net.
The "Go" - a fast speed/low set with little-to-no-arc that falls inside the left antenna after peaking 2-4 feet above the net
Kyle connects with Tommi on the outside with a super fast "Go" set to Zone 4.
Click to read more...http://bit.ly/offensiveplays
Volleyball Hit Strategy:
Where Do You Go From Here?
Where do you need to go now? Here are three options:
- Learn more about Smart Strategies by checking the links in Related Links section.
- Follow the suggested reading on our Sitemap page Learning How To Play (Sitemap)
- Or visit the pages in the How To Play Volleyball section in the drop down menu at the top of the page.
Improve Your Volleyball Performance with Vegas VB Coach April Chapple
5 Volleyball Strategies and Tactics On How To Tip The Ball For Points
Volleyball Hit 3 Types of Soft Hits Roll Shot, Cut Shot and Deep Tip