Discover what amazing girls high school volleyball prep Krista Vansant has accomplished by her senior year.
She is one of several inspiring volleyball athletes Improve Your Volleyball spotlights who has accomplished more in four years of high school than most people do their entire life!
Can you say #girlpower?
With an unquestionable passion for the game Krista has been described as unstoppable on the court.
A perfect role model for players looking for inspiration, read more about the amazing collegiate career of Krista Vansant.
1. Gatorade National Player of the Year
2. The 6-foot-2 senior outside hitter recorded 589 kills, 299 digs, 33 blocks and 26 service aces this past season while posting a kill percentage of .557
3. Led the Wildcats (30-6) to the California Interscholastic Federation State Division I regional semifinals
4. An Under Armour All-American and the California Interscholastic Federation-Southern Section Division 1A Player of the Year
5. California Interscholastic Federation-Southern Section ----Division 1A Player of the Year
6. Vansant amassed 180 kills, 78 digs, nine blocks and seven service aces in seven postseason matches this fall.
7. The nation’s No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2011 as rated by PrepVolleyball.com
8. She produced 565 kills, 233 digs, 72 service aces, 36 assists and 30 blocks as a junior, leading the Wildcats (37-4) to the Division 2 state title game.
9. A 2010 USA Junior Nationals 18-Open All-Tournament Team selection
10. A 2008 U.S. Girls Youth National Training Team roster invitee
11. Vansant captured 2008 PrepVolleyball.com -- National Sophomore of the Year honors
12. Vansant has maintained a 3.61 GPA in the classroom
13. The Redlands East Valley 2010 Homecoming Queen and a member of her school’s chapter of Rachel’s Challenge, a national student-empowerment initiative
14. Vansant has volunteered locally as a coach at youth volleyball clinics in addition to participating in a literacy-outreach program in her area.
15. She has also donated her time to Associated Student Body initiatives at her school.
Krista on why she chose Washington:
Krista Vansant Senior Year 2014 at Washington
Krista Murdered The Game While At Washington
Check out Her Pac -12 Conference Accolades
Krista Vansant earned her seventh career PAC-12 Player of the Week award for her performances in the PAC-12-BIG 10 Showcase
Named to Pac -12 All Century Women's Volleyball Team
AVCA National Player of the Year
Junior outside hitter Krista Vansant becomes the first Husky ever to win the AVCA National Player of the Year award at the AVCA banquet. (2013)
AVCA First-Team All-American Senior Krista Vansant
espnW Player of the Year
Two-time Pac 12 Player of the Year
"This is for you. This is for the people that supported me throughout my entire career. The people that have been there for the ups and the downs, for the blood, sweat and tears." - Krista Vansant— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) November 9, 2017
Forever a Husky. #KV16
Read: https://t.co/QaMYzPbvey pic.twitter.com/nIM4hbpfVs
#16 Krista Vansant - Two-time Honda Award winner
Washington Husky Kills Leader
Most decorated Husky in University of Washington volleyball history
In her four years as a Husky, Krista Vansant led @UWVolleyball to 32 wins over ranked opponents. The rundown via #UWDataPoints.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) November 8, 2017
Another top-15 showdown will be on Montlake tomorrow between No. 13 Washington and No. 2 Stanford.
>> https://t.co/Yg4jAwjW3j pic.twitter.com/laWZGkiJfk
Washington Husky Volleyball
Luiz Carlos Furucho
Follow me on Instagram @coach_apchap to improve your game even faster!
Jun 04, 21 10:43 PM
This collection of middle school cute volleyball shorts come with pockets and have trendy tie dye designs making them the perfect volleyball cover up shorts
Jun 04, 21 12:42 PM
You can change the pace or control the speed of the game with this volleyball strategy for passing which is a way your team can run a faster offense.
Jun 04, 21 07:16 AM
Volleyball passing is the way to contact the ball with your forearms to guide it to your setter or over the net so developing a good forearm pass is crucial.