1. Feet shoulder width apart with right leg slightly in front of the left. Shoulders and upper body in slight crouch ready to move in any direction quickly.
2. Anticipate where you need to be and get there BEFORE you start to pass the ball keeping arms and hands apart.
3. Get stopped with right foot slightly in front of the left.
4. Present your platform by wrapping your left hand around your right fist with thumbs pointing straight down to the ground which forces elbows and arms to from a super straight platform.
5. When contacting the ball don't swing your arms to serve receive - keep your platform below your shoulders and thumbs pointing to the ground - always.
Use YOUR LEGS to get the ball to the target by shifting your body weight from your back (left) foot to your front (right) foot.
6. Shoulders should already be squared to the net before you contact the ball so you don't have anymore adjusting to do with your arms once you contact the ball.
7. Keep your eyes on the ball.
Visually track it as it leaves the servers hand all the way to your platform. By focusing on the ball you can tell if you need to make minor adjustments in the angle of your platform in order to get the ball to your target.
Angle your inside shoulder towards your intended target keeping elbows and arms straight by keeping thumbs pointed to the ground.
Freeze your platform on ball contact without swinging your arms. This freezing action keeps the ball in the air longer and it allows the setter to read and anticipate where the pass is going ..alot easier.
8. Have fun playing volleyball in your next indoor volleyball game, match or tournament!
Where do you need to go now?
Your three options are:
Follow me on Instagram @coach_apchap to improve your game even faster!
Jun 17, 22 07:27 PM
These 10 fanny packs for teens are designed to be colorful trendy options for volleyball players who're looking for waist belt bags that hold makeup and change.
Jun 17, 22 06:31 PM
The Best 100 Powerfully Good Volleyball Tips Ebook is for college, varsity high school and travel club players with goals of improving advanced skills quickly.
Jun 17, 22 05:29 PM
These VS&Q short volleyball quotes and sayings designs are featured on our shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, tote bags in my ETSY and Amazon Volleybragswag shop!