1. Feet shoulder width apart with right leg slightly in front of the left. Shoulders and upper body in slight crouch ready to move in any direction quickly.
2. Anticipate where you need to be and get there BEFORE you start to pass the ball keeping arms and hands apart.
3. Get stopped with right foot slightly in front of the left.
4. Present your platform by wrapping your left hand around your right fist with thumbs pointing straight down to the ground which forces elbows and arms to from a super straight platform.
5. When contacting the ball don't swing your arms to serve receive - keep your platform below your shoulders and thumbs pointing to the ground - always.
Use YOUR LEGS to get the ball to the target by shifting your body weight from your back (left) foot to your front (right) foot.
6. Shoulders should already be squared to the net before you contact the ball so you don't have anymore adjusting to do with your arms once you contact the ball.
7. Keep your eyes on the ball.
Visually track it as it leaves the servers hand all the way to your platform. By focusing on the ball you can tell if you need to make minor adjustments in the angle of your platform in order to get the ball to your target.
Angle your inside shoulder towards your intended target keeping elbows and arms straight by keeping thumbs pointed to the ground.
Freeze your platform on ball contact without swinging your arms. This freezing action keeps the ball in the air longer and it allows the setter to read and anticipate where the pass is going ..alot easier.
8. Have fun playing volleyball in your next indoor volleyball game, match or tournament!
Where do you need to go now?
Your three options are:
Follow me on Instagram @coach_apchap to improve your game even faster!
Jan 13, 22 05:33 PM
The Volleybragswag zebra t-shirt design features Zeus the Zebra - Left Side Hitter All VBS Beast First Team available on ETSY and Amazon Volleybragswag shops.
Jan 13, 22 05:31 PM
I created the zebra shirt for left side hitters who's spirit animal is the zebra, the animal who has alot of the same characteristics as the left side hitter.
Jan 12, 22 12:39 PM
Discover which one of these Volleybragswag animal t shirt ideas featuring Ollie the Owl are great to wear when going out to dinner with volleyball teammates.