Be stopped and in a balanced position with body and shoulders facing and parallel to the net
How to pass in volleyball: Make a platform by wrapping your left hand around your right fist with thumbs pointing down to the ground forcing elbows and arms to create a straight platform.
Create a platform with your arms by making a fist with one hand and cover the fist with the other hand while keeping wrists together and thumbs pointed to the ground
Keep hips below the level of the ball
Use your platform to contact the ball on your forearms above your wrists and below the insides of your elbows
Angle your inside shoulder towards your intended target
Freeze your platform on ball contact and don't swing your arms. This freezing action keeps the ball in the air longer and it allows the setter to read and anticipate where the pass is going
A quick review..on how to pass in volleyball step by step
1. Feet shoulder width apart with right leg slightly in front of the left. Shoulders and upper body in slight crouch ready to move in any direction quickly.
2. Anticipate where you need to be and get there BEFORE you start to pass the ball keeping arms and hands apart.
3. Get stopped with right foot slightly in front of the left.
4. Present your platform by wrapping your left hand around your right fist with thumbs pointing straight down to the ground which forces elbows and arms to from a super straight platform.
5. When contacting the ball don't swing your arms to serve receive - keep your platform below your shoulders and thumbs pointing to the ground - always.
Use YOUR LEGS to get the ball to the target by shifting your body weight from your back (left) foot to your front (right) foot.
6. Shoulders should already be squared to the net before you contact the ball so you don't have anymore adjusting to do with your arms once you contact the ball.
7. Keep your eyes on the ball.
Visually track it as it leaves the servers hand all the way to your platform. By focusing on the ball you can tell if you need to make minor adjustments in the angle of your platform in order to get the ball to your target.
8. Have fun playing volleyball in your next indoor volleyball game, match or tournament!
Volleyball Techniques: Where Do You Go From Here?
Where do you need to go now?
Your three options are:
You can learn more about Passing in volleyball by visiting the Related Links below.